Avocet Media Ingest is a utility that runs on a standard Windows PC. It still fulfils its original role of ingesting material from tape or live sources into video servers. However it has now evolved considerably so that it acts like a ‘Goods Inward’ workstation of a TV station; Media can now enter the system from a variety of sources including file based delivery. The workstation is used to carry out preparations and preliminary checks on the newly received media, before storage or onward despatch through the TV station.
• Ingest sources: tape, live sources and file-based media
• Ingest destinations: local or network storage, direct to broadcast servers
• Supports SD and HD ingest and a wide range of codecs
• Simultaneous creation of low resolution proxies
• Manual Quality Control for logging and review
• Locator defining tools for multipart programmes, preview sections etc
• Import of record lists and export of job status from/to MAM systems